Monday, October 4, 2010

Sweet and Sour Chicken!!

I LOVED this dish! I LOVE chinese food but my husband HATES it so when he heard what my plans were for dinner this night he was curious as to whether he would like it or not. My husband has NEVER disliked anything that I have cooked so he thought that this might be a first.  Boy was he wrong!! He LOVED this dish too!  He still says that he will not go to a chinese restaurant with me though : (
Anyway...here is how you make this yummy dish!

Ingredients:

Chicken:
4-5 chicken breasts
3-4 eggs, beaten
1 cup cornstarch
1/4 cup oil
Salt and pepper

Directions:

Heat frying pan with oil on medium heat.


Cut chicken into chunks and season with salt and pepper.
Roll chicken in cornstarch, then egg, then place in pan with warmed oil.
Fry until lightly golden on both sides, but not cooked through.
Place in a single layer in a greased baking dish.




Sauce:
3/4 cup sugar
4 TBSP. ketchup
1/2 cup vinegar
1 TBSP. soy sauce
1 TBSP. garlic powder

Directions:Combine above ingredients and pour over chicken. Bake 325 degreees for 60 minutes, turning every 15-20 minutes. Serve with rice.




**To make extra sauce, combine ingredients in a saucepan. Bring to boil, then let simmer until desired consistancy. Stir frequently.


ENJOY!!





No comments:

Post a Comment