Monday, November 22, 2010

Granny's Chocolate Meringue Pie

This is my Granny's recipe for Chocolate Meringue Pie. It was so good!  I remember helping my Granny fix pies around the holidays.  She taught me everything I know and I think she was would pretty proud of how this pie turned out.  I miss her so much!






Ingredients:
1 pie shell (frozen)
5 TBSP Cocoa
1 tsp salt
1cup sugar
5 TBSP flour
2 cup milk
2 egg yolks
1 tsp vanilla
2 TBSP margarine


Directions:


Bake pie shell as direction on package.  Set aside.


Mix dry ingredients, then stir in milk. 


Mix thoroughly and cook in saucepan.  When mixture begins to thicken, beat egg yolks  and add to mixture.


When it thickens add margarine and mix well.


Pour mixture into baked pie shell.


To make Meringue:


Ingredients:


1 TBSP cornstarch
6 TBSP white sugar
1/2 cup water
3 egg whites
dash of salt


Mix cornstarch, sugar, water and salt.  Cook in saucepan until thick and clear.


Beat egg whites with handheld mixer until frothy. 


Pour sugar mixture in with the egg whites and continue beating 5-6 minutes pour over pie and bake 5-7 in 450 degree oven.


ENJOY!!




No comments:

Post a Comment