Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Cheesy Potato Soup

This soup was sooooo good.  It was also so quick and easy to make! I had it ready in no time! My husband was drooling over this soup while it was cooking.  It smelled so good while it was on the stove.  He also mentioned as we were eating that this is one of his favorite things that I have made.  Must have been a hit! I know I sure enjoyed this easy dish!


Ingredients

1 medium onion, chopped
2 TBSP butter
6 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
5 cups water
2 cups milk
1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
1/2 tsp garlic  
12 oz. Velveeta Cheese
Minced fresh parsley
salt and pepper to taste

Directions

In a Dutch oven or soup kettle, saute onion in butter.

Add potatoes and water. Bring to a boil.

Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until potatoes are tender.

Stir in the milk, soup, garlic, salt and pepper; heat through.


Add cheese; stir until cheese is melted. Sprinkle with parsley. 

I served ours with shredded cheese and bacon bits! It was delicious! :)


ENJOY!!

No comments:

Post a Comment