Monday, December 20, 2010

Strawberry Pretzel Dessert

THIS IS THE BEST DESSERT EVER!! Terri S. gave me this recipe and told me to try to not eat the whole thing standing in front of my refrigerator, hiding from your family and it is true! I have to fight my husband for it! Thank you Terri for sending it to me!! I will be making this alot at my house!




Bottom Layer
2 cups of crushed thin pretzels (I put them in my blender and used the "grate"     setting and it worked perfectly)
2 sticks of softened butter
3 TBSP Sugar

Mix together and and  press pretzel mixture into the bottom of a 9 x 13-inch baking pan to form a crust and bake in a preheated oven at 400 degrees for 7 minutes.


While bottom layer is in the oven mix together top layer so it can go into the refridgerator and gel while you make the middle layer.

Top Layer

1 large box strawberry jello
2 10oz boxes of frozen sliced strawberries
1 small can crushed pineapple


Add 2 cups boiling water to Jello-O powder and fold in strawberries and crushed pineapple. Refrigerate until it gels.


Middle Layer
8 oz tub cool whip
8 oz softened cream cheese
1 cup sugar
Beat cream cheese, 1 cup sugar, and whipped topping until combined. Spread evenly over cooled crust.

 
Remove top layer from refridgerator and spoon onto middle layer.


ENJOY!!

1 comment: