Monday, April 25, 2011

Monkey Bread

I love Monkey Bread! I remember making this with my Granny when I was younger!  I decided that I was going to make it on Saturday and to my surprise my husband has NEVER had MONKEY BREAD! I could not believe it.  Needless to say, he loved it!

Ingredients

3 (12 ounce) packages refrigerated biscuit dough
1 cup white sugar
2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 cup butter
1 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup chopped nuts (optional)
                   

Directions

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Grease bundt pan.               
If using nuts, place some in the bottom of the bundt pan.
Mix white sugar and cinnamon in bowl. 
Cut biscuits into quarters. Coat 6 to 8 biscuit pieces in the sugar cinnamon mix. Arrange pieces in the bottom of the prepared pan. Continue until all biscuits are coated and placed in pan.                
In a small saucepan, melt the margarine with the brown sugar over medium heat. Boil for 1 minute.
Pour over the biscuits.
Bake at 350 degrees for 35 minutes. Let bread cool in pan for 10 minutes, then turn out onto a plate.
ENJOY!!

No comments:

Post a Comment