Thursday, November 10, 2011

Crock pot BBQ Meatballs

I make these crock pot BBQ Meatballs all the time! I made them for the party as well, but I completely forgot to get a picture of them!  I thought that I would share them anyway! I gave the entire recipe but I will let you in on a little secret.  I use to make the meatballs from scratch  but I found that the frozen meatballs from Wal-mart work much better.  The homemade one tend to fall apart as they cook in the crock pot.  So I buy the frozen meatballs and put them in the crock pot frozen and add the sauce....EASY and DELICIOUS!

Ingredients:

Meatballs:

2 lbs. lean ground beef
1/3 cup ketchup, divided
3 TBSP seasoned dry bread crumbs
1 egg, slightly beaten
2 TBSP dried instant minced onion
3/4 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp black pepper
1/4 tsp salt

Sauce:

1 cup ketchup
1 cup packed brown sugar
1 can (6 oz) tomato paste
1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
1/4 cup cider vinegar

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
In a large bowl, combine ground beef, 1/3 cup ketchup, bread crumbs, egg, dried minced onion, garlic powder, black pepper, and salt.
With hands or wooden spoon, mix lightly but thoroughly; shape into 1-inch meatballs.
Place meatballs in two 15 x 10-inch jelly-roll pans or shallow roasting pans.
Bake 20 minutes, or until meatballs are nicely browned. Transfer meatballs to crock pot.
**SKIP ALL OF THE ABOVE IF YOU USE THE FROZEN MEATBALLS.

Mix remaining 1 cup ketchup, brown sugar, tomato paste, soy sauce, and vinegar in a medium bowl.

Pour over meatballs.

Cover and cook on LOW 4 to 5 hours.

ENJOY!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment